The "elevator update" on recent progress
- Network WiFi is changing to keep pace with curriculum. Current plans include updating all Wifi and expanding coverage to include all teaching areas, including the school yard.
- Operational testing of Computer Based Testing (CBT) in underway in the Elementary School
- The Technology Committee is developing targets for improving technical infrastructure, enhancing digital instruction, and on implementing coding for all.
- Plans are underway for a 3rd-party Technical Condition Survey to document all technical infrastructure to promote better investment and maintenance outcomes.
iPad Links for Parents
How to Turn On Parental Controls for the iPad
iPad Parental Controls - How to Video
iPad Video by Jason Clark on iOS7 Parental Controls
No more books: High school goes all digital
Trumansburg Students Get Leg Up … And Help The School
Top Tech Tips for Parents to Keep Them in the Digital loop
Technology Resources for 21st-Century Learning & Teaching
Rob Leo's "Let me Google that for You" all you need to know to get started with Google APPs for Education (GAFE)
Tammy’s Technology Tips
Top 10 Characteristics of a 21st Century Classroom - EdTechReview
Top 10 Videos on 21st Century Learning
10 Ways Teachers Can Use YouTube
10 Great Free Google Forms Every Teacher Should Be Using
The 7 Most Powerful Ideas In Learning Available Right Now
5 Ways You Can Use Wikis With Students
Learn Online how Google apps and other web tools can help you meet your teaching and learning goals.
The Basics of Blended Learning [video]
Teacher's Guide on The Use of Podcasting in Education
Video Capture Software for Teacher Lectures
Why I Flipped My Classroom [video]
The National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) are the standards for learning, teaching, and leading in the digital age and are widely recognized and adopted worldwide.
NETS for Students(NETS•S),
NETS for Teachers(NETS•T),
NETS for Administrators(NETS•A),
NETS for Coaches(NETS•C), and
NETS for Computer Science Teachers(NETS•CSE)–work together to transform education.
EasyTech teaches students critical higher-order thinking and digital literacy skills like creativity, innovation, problem solving, communication and collaboration.
Udacity | Free Online Courses. Advance your College Education & Career
Research Supporting Mobile Student Technology Efforts
Resources to help in moving your technology initiative forward:
Project RED: Revolutionizing Education: See in particular their recent report "The Technology Factor: Nine Keys to Student Achievement and Cost-Effectiveness" which also includes cost savings and revenue enhancements of successful technology initiatives.
Open Education Resource (OER) Content - CK-12
- Open Education Resource (OER) textbooks are available now in the iBookstore. CK-12 Foundation is a non-profit organization with a mission to reduce the cost of textbook materials for the K-12 market both in the U.S. and worldwide. Using an open-content, web-based collaborative model called the "FlexBook," CK-12 intends to pioneer the generation and distribution of high quality educational content that will serve both as core text as well as provide an adaptive environment for learning.
iPads have exploded throughout schools and classrooms. Their flexibility, versatility, and mobility make them a phenomenal learning tool. As teachers seek ways to integrate these devices, we recommend focusing on specific learning goals that promote critical-thinking, creativity, collaboration, and the creation of student-centric learning environments.
iPad Teacher Resources for 21st-Century Learning & Teaching
iPads in Education Online Course
WizIQ Recorder - flip your lectures with video creation and sharing made easy
iPad Videos for Teachers - the CNYRIC APPY HOUR
How to Use AirDrop in iOS 7: The Ultimate Feature for Teachers
21 Reasons To Use Tablets In The 21st Century Classroom
20 iPad Gaming Apps to Boost Kids Critical Thinking Skills
10 reasons to use Edmodo in your iPad classroom
7 Guides on how to Use iPad in your Classroom
Free iPad productivity app may make you forget MS Office
How to Use Book Creator on iPad | Snapguide
Use the Three Ring App to Digitize Your Students' Work
1:1with iPads at Copenhagen Middle School
TCSD iPad Handbook and FAQ updated 9/13/13
TCSD HS Code of Conduct Handbook updated 9/16/13
May 22nd Technology Plan Prezi presented to the Board of Education
iPad2 Training Video (2:09:56)
Stanford launches new free course on iPhone/iPad apps
District Technology Policies
Internet Safety/Internet Content Filtering - Policy 8271
Dignity For All Students Act (Cyberbullying) - Policy 7554
Parent's Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
Trumansburg Instructional Technology Plan 2017
last updated: 11-29-2018