Facilities Advisory Committee Trumansburg Central School District to Conduct Facilities Use Study
The Trumansburg Central School District will be conducting a 5-month Facilities Use Study, beginning in May 2016, with presentation of the final report to the Board of Education in November 2016. The study will be conducted by a School and Community Advisory Committee, which is made up of school administrators, staff, and community members, and led by consultants Alan Pole and William Silky from Syracuse based firm Castallo and Silky, LLC. Superintendent Michael McGuire and district staff will serve as a resource to the committee. The purpose of the study is to take a proactive approach and look into future building use, creating a thoughtful roadmap of how TCSD might educationally and fiscally reconfigure grades and/or facilities to provide a sound instructional program now and in the future.
The Advisory Committee will meet monthly, and meetings are open to the public for observation, with time allotted for question and comment at the end of each meeting. Meeting dates are as follows:
- June 30th, 2016 at the Middle School Library - 5:15 tour followed by 6:00 meeting
- July 21st, 2016 at the Elementary School Library- 5:15 tour followed by 6:00 meeting
- August 11th, 2016 at the High School Library- 5:15 tour followed by 6:00 meeting
- September 15th, 2016 at the Middle School Library- 6:00 meeting
- October 6th, 2016 at the Elementary School Library- 6:00 meeting
- November 17th, 2016 at the Trumansburg Fire Station- 6:00 meeting - POSTPONED
- Final Report presentation to our BOE - December 5th (tentative).
Greg VanNess – Community Member and Parent
Hayden Brainard – Community Member and Parent
Lisa Anderson – Community Member
Tara Masters – Community Member and Parent
David Williamson – Community Member and Parent
Leslie Appel – Community Member and Parent
Peter Mechalke – Community Member and Parent
Jon Koeng – HS Principal
Jeanie Wiggins – ES Principal
Joshua Hunkele – MS Principal
Karen Randle – ES Teacher
Bill Begeal – MS Teacher
Ryan Radley – HS Teacher
Jim Perkins – HS Teacher
Mike Cirri – Support Staff –Transportation
Don Miller – Support Staff – Maintenance
Questions about the Facilities Use Study can be directed to the Superintendent’s office at 387-7551 ext. 4427.
The Trumansburg Central School District Board of Education, leadership team, staff, and students thank our Trumansburg community for their continued support as we undertake the process of creating the roadmap for the future of our school district.