There will be two (2) Board of Education seats up for election on May 18, 2021. Nominating Petitions to run for a seat on the Board of Education can be obtained by contacting Tina Lincoln, District Clerk, at (607)387-7551 ext. 4427 or via e-mail at email@example.com. The deadline for submission of Nominating Petitions is April 19, 2021 .
Qualifications for Membership on a School Board:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter in the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent
- Must be and have been a resident of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.